Sunday, September 28, 2008

How to Make Apple Cider

Step 1: Pick the apples.By any means necessary.
Step 2: Wash the apples
Everyone helped


Well...Almost.

Step 3: Shredding and Pressing the Apples.

The apples are fed through the top of the cider machine into a two rotating teeth. The crank provides the power for the rotating teeth. The shreded apples fall into a barrell. Once filled the barrell is pushed down the machine underneith the press where the shredded apples are pressed into cider.(see video)

Step 4: Dispose apple remains for the deer.

Step 5: Strain and place cider into containers for drinking and freezing. About 45 gallons made.

Here is a video of the apple cider creation in action.

1 comment:

SandyKay said...

That is some serious apple cider-making. When I saw the post title, I was thinking this was a home kitchen project...like, yeah, I know how to make apple sauce.. Then I saw the barrels of apples! Holy cow!

My mouth is watering for some of that cider! Yum!