Sunday, June 14, 2009

Philly

This past weekend we went to Philadelphia to visit our friends from college Jamie and Conrad, oh wait. No, Conrad had to work the whole time. We had a blast anyways. Upon arrival Jamie had made homemade cinnamon rolls that were to die for. While there i was also able check off some of my prerequisites that i needed in order to enter into True Manhood.



The Checklist into Real Manhood

Grow Hair on my Chest........................................Check
(although far and few, it still counts)
Get Married............................................................Check
Please, this was the easy one.
Own a Riding Lawn Mower..................................Nope
Become a Chuck Norris fan..................................Check
Go 0 to 60 in under 4 sec. in a sports car..........Check
Watch at least 1 season of 24 in less than 24 hours.........Check
Eat a Philly Cheesesteak right from it's origins in Philadelphia.....Check
Run up the Rocky stairs........................................Check
Have absolutely zero desire to live with my Mom and Dad...........WIP (work in progress)
Own my own Sports car.........................................We can all dream can't we?




Those amazing cinnamon rolls. I can't wait until we are rich so we can hire Jamie as our baker.
Crissy and Jamie at the famous "Rocky" stairs.
Addison, Goose, and Crissy posing for a pic in front of Philadelphia.

The resemblance is simply astonishing!
Brian wrestling down some dinner. (Man i look fat in this picture)
Well I guess having a kid isn't enough to make Brian even a little bit more mature.
Nope. Not even a little. Brian gives Kylie and walkers a quick anatomy lesson.

I don't think many people will find this picture shocking at all.
Oh Yes! Geno's. Philadelphia's best voted CheeseSteaks. This place was great. Geno's had two lines, one for Cheesesteaks, and one for soda and fries. I was a little hesitant about ordering a cheesesteak from Geno's due to their lack of options.
1) With onions or without
2) Provolone or Cheeze Whiz (WHAT??)
That's right cheese whiz, and thats how people eat'em. The food was awesome. Crissy didn't care for it to much, but i loved it. I'm craving one right now just thinking about it. I have to say that for some reason i felt as if this would be a place i would see my brother in law John eating at alot. So, get this. After we ate we went to a nearby park and had frozen ice. As we were playing in the park this taradactle or hawk flies down on the swings and stairs us down. This demon creature had to of been no shorter than 4 feet. As i tried to get closer and closer to take a picture of this feathery demon, it jumped off towards me and swept right over my head.

So this is the picture i got off right before the demon jumped to take off my head.

A Philly trip would not be complete without a video of this.

2 comments:

SandyKay said...

hahhahahhahahhahaahhaaahhaa!!! I can't decide which picture i like best, but I think i'd have to go with Brian posing as rocky...

JaMie said...

OMG Haha Brian you are so CRaZy! I was pretty much laughing the whole trip. The rocky picture is so freaking funny but I will admit at the time I was pretending I had no idea who you were:) ha. Your parking skills are off the hook though! I miss you guys and did you really let him buy a sports car Crissy??? You are like wife of the year!