Sunday, December 14, 2008

Brian Moves On

Throughout my life i have been excited over many different variations of events, toys, gifts, ideas...etc. As we came home from our temple Christmas lights show my wife mentioned that the pictures could go on the family blog. I thought..hmmm..I really haven't put anything on the blog in about a month. Could the family blog be Brian's next first puppy, heely's, no soda trip, and that is when it hit me. I have found in my life a tendency to get excited about things for a month, week..let's be honest hour. So i present to you with the "Brian's, I'ts not all that" list. PLEASE no additions are needed. I know, there are more. So, please. Talking to you direct family members, please refrain from scuffing my finely polished image that the in-laws seem to believe.

Brian's First Puppy

Expectation: A best friend, a chick magnet, an adorable little puppy that would run and play with me.
Reality: It barks, Mom fed the dog warm milk to shut it up only to have my puppy, can't remember his name, have diahrea all over the new carpet.
Duration: 1 1/2 days (returned, free)

Heely's

Expectation: Why walk when you can roll. How sweet is that.
Reality: How do you like 6'2" with a center of gravity right below my head.
Duration: 1 day (returned, full refund)

Rexburg Opinion Center (phone center)

Expectation: A job in college, extra cash, best thing all i have to do is sit and do nothing.
Reality: Doing nothing is harder than doing something
Duration: 3 day

Installing a fulltime bed next to my parents bed

Expectation: How sweet is this. I get to sleep every night in the same room as my parents!
Reality: It got a little weirder with each birthday
Duration: 1984-95

X-Mod

Expectation: High performance remote control cars, that are fully customizable, and sweet. New tires, new engines, new suspension systems, transmission.
Reality: I'm 24, i think these are really for kids but I gave it a shot
Duration: 2 1/2 hours (returned, full refund)

Running / Excercising / Quit Drinking Soda

Expectation: Large muscles, don't run out of breath making it to the bathroom at night, my wife would love me more..etc.
Reality: This isn't for everybody
Duration: About half a day every 1 month, for about 3 hours after a TBS "Rocky Balboa" marathon, and about 10 minutes before i go to bed every Sunday after stuffing myself from the weekend. (non returnable, just wasted time)

2 comments:

SandyKay said...

I haven't laughed out loud while reading blogs in a while, but this post did it for me. Especially the part about sleeping in mom and dad's room. And the exercise part--because it rings very true for me, also. Too, too true.

heeeheee.

And the word verification for this comment is "rankies". That would make a good word for a really stinky diaper. I just might have to start using it.

Jane Kay said...

I just reread this blog and I still laugh out loud! Are you sure you left our bedroom that soon?